An alternative to the conventional scalpel. It can also be used to deliver anti-microbial energy to problem areas. Some of the services we provide using the lasers are as follows:
- treating gum (periodontal) disease
- treating cold sores
- treating tongue-tied patients
- reducing gum recession and central tooth gap due to a short labial frenum (frenectomy)
- leveling uneven or overgrown gums
- gummy smiles – an excessive display of gums. This problem can be often resolved by comfortably and gently recontouring the gum line with a laser
Lasers are non-ionizing and not known to cause cancer. Laser-treated sites heal more quickly. Both the patient and the operator wear protective eyewear during laser procedures to protect against eye damage. Sometimes the treated area may become red and warm, but this is a healing reaction that involves an increase in circulation and removal of waste products.
We are constantly learning and striving to provide the latest technology in our office. As such, we have recently added a new procedure to your professional teeth cleaning to help keep your gums healthy.
Gum disease affects approximately 80% of adults and is a bacterial infection in the gums and teeth. Painless laser treatment decontaminates your teeth and gums to prevent gum disease, keep bacteria from spreading to other parts of your body, and keep bacteria from spreading to other parts of your mouth.
The laser decontamination process is painless and normally takes about 5-7 minutes. It is completely safe and healthy.
As we highly value this addition to be able to provide you the best care, we will not be charging for this procedure at this time.